Set My Heart Free

 

We hear the Beatitudes calling

Telling us how to be

It’s only now I realize

It also calls for each us

To set our frozen hearts free

Fear and doubt are the culprits

That keep us from letting go

Taught to ignore Spirit’s whispers

By the churches meant to help us grow

They are the blest they tell us

Whose teachings we are to obey

But their teaching often conflict

With the One, who said, “I am the Way”

They are the authority

From their teaching, we must not depart

When it comes to the poor and pained

Where is the love? Where is the heart?

The beatitudes call us to courage

The beatitudes call us to action

To follow the Word in love, not fear

The way to our souls’ satisfaction

My own heart is full of fear and doubt

Though I know It’s not how I should be

So I pray to our Mother for help

For the courage to set my heart free.

 

Victoria Marie, 2020-10-23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023-06-04_Trinity Sunday_Pride Month

7 July 2013 – 14th Sunday in Ordinary Time

The High Cost of Free Trade for Indigenous and Afro-Colombians